Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thor: The Dark World (2013)


IMDb plot summary: When Jane Foster is possessed by a great power, Thor must protect her from a new threat of old times: the Dark Elves.
Directed by Alan Taylor. Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston and Christopher Eccleston.

Guys, I just don't get sequels, and this is one great example why. They just seem so pointless. We *saw* a movie about Thor already, and this doesn't add anything to it or make his overall story arc more interesting. It's just more of the same, but slightly less fun. I enjoyed the first Thor movie partly because of the campy Shakespearean grandioseness of Asgard, and a lot of that feel is lost here to a pretty serious plot. I wasn't drawn in by this at all. Frankly, I might not even remember I watched it six months from now. 2 stars.

Flickchart: #1481 out of 2051, below Bedtime for Bonzo and above Winter's Bone.

Rent it on Amazon.

No comments: