Monday, March 3, 2014

Black Sheep (1996)


IMDb plot summary: A gubernatorial candidate hires a wormy special assistant whose only job is to make sure the candidate's well-meaning but incompetent brother doesn't ruin the election.
Directed by Penelope Spheeris. Starring Chris Farley, David Spade, Tim Matheson, Christine Ebersole and Gary Busey.

Well, this was one of the laziest comedies I've ever seen in my life. The characters are barely there, the jokes resort to the same dumb ploys over and over again, the plot is ridiculous -- and not in a fun way. Glancing at the film's page on IMDb confirms that there are people somewhere out there who laughed at this movie, but I was not one of them. I guess I will say this for it, though: the characters aren't obnoxious. They're not funny by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't want to strangle anyone, I just sat there blinking and thinking, "I guess that's supposed to be a joke..." 0.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1783 out of 2047, below Whatever Works and above The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

1 comment:

Brittani Burnham said...

Oh man, I loved this movie when I was a kid. I'm not sure how it would hold up with me as an adult, but back then, I thought it was awesome. ha