Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Om Shanti Om (2007)


IMDb plot summary: In the 1970s, Om, an aspiring actor, is murdered, but is immediately reincarnated into the present day. He attempts to discover the mystery of his demise and find Shanti, the love of his previous life.
Directed by Farah Khan. Starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Arjun Rampal, and Shreyas Talpade.

HOLY COW I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON BOLLYWOOD MY WHOLE LIFE

Seriously, I don't know why I haven't explored more Bollywood flicks before now. I KNEW I'd probably love them. And I had so, so much fun watching this. From the big elaborate musical numbers to the over-the-top melodramatic plot, this was a blast from beginning to end. The two leads were extremely likable in all their roles and even though it took me a little while to get used to the broad strokes of both the comedic and dramatic moments, once I settled into the movie's tone it was thoroughly enjoyable. I will definitely have to start checking out the genre more.

4 stars.

Flickchart: #378 out of 2077, below The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and above Never Let Me Go.

Rent it on Amazon.

No comments: