Thursday, January 17, 2013

To Rome with Love (2012)

Well, this is certainly no Midnight in Paris... but nor is it the last ensemble-esque movie Woody Allen did, the messy and confusing You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. While the individual stories don't form much of a cohesive whole, each story is charming in its own way, and as he has done for New York, London, Barcelona, and Paris, Allen does a great job of making me want to visit the city he's focusing on. For me, even his less brilliant efforts are worth watching, and this is definitely one of those. 3.5 stars.

Best Part: As silly as it was, I loved the story about the man who can only sing in the shower. I laughed like crazy during his first performance.
Worst Part: Much as I loved the fantastical element to Roberto Benigni's plotline, it never felt complete.
Flickchart: #692, below The Secret of Santa Vittoria and above 21 Jump Street.

No comments: