Friday, January 25, 2013

Ted (2012)

I never thought I'd say that the problem with this movie is that it was *too deep*. But that's kind of what happened. Take away the talking teddy bear gimmick, and you've got a very generic story about a guy learning to grow up and take responsibility for himself. The story's kind of sweet, but pretty cliched. The jokes are... present, and occasionally funny, but not nearly as much as I was hoping it would be. The biggest highlight was the hilarious plotline with the crazy father kidnapping Ted. Both the father and the child were extremely funny villains, and the ridiculousness of it perfectly matched the movie's silly premise. If the rest of the movie had been like that, I would have liked it a whole lot more. 2.5 stars.

Best Part: Anything involving the evil father and son. I laughed really hard at, "Do I have to wash my hands before I play this game?" "What? No. That's a weird f***ing question."
Worst Part: Each and every fart joke. Those are never going to be funny to me.
Flickchart: #934, below Men in Black and above Air Force One.

1 comment:

Travis S. McClain said...

It was pretty much what I expected it to be. I laughed at some things because they were my kind of humor. I laughed at some other things in spite of myself. Some things just kept going to test my limits, which is what MacFarlane does.

I will say that if anyone had had the decency to tell me that Norah Jones was in it, I'd have made a point to see it during its theatrical run. Norah Jones and Mila Kunis in one frame? *slobbers*

I think my favorite gag of the whole thing was that their song was "All Time High". Like, of all the Bond songs they could have picked, there was nothing more perfect than that.