Saturday, January 26, 2013

Arthur Christmas (2011)

Aardman is not quite up to Pixar standards, but they are head and shoulders above, say, Dreamworks. Their stories are consistently original and funny. That being said... this is not their best. It's pretty cheesy and generic, even for a Christmas movie, and I never really felt the emotional pull from it I was supposed to. But, like Pixar, even a mediocre Aardman movie is still a pretty good flick. The characters are fun, the elves are hilarious, and it's certainly something that will be enjoyed by children, even if it doesn't impress me quite as much as I was hoping it would. No Christmas classic, but certainly worth a watch with the family. 3 stars.

Best Part: The elf who liked to wrap cracked me up.
Worst Part: I don't feel like the subplot with Steve was wrapped up at all well.
Flickchart: #946, below Hysteria and above An Ideal Husband.

No comments: