Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Ides of March (2011)

Ryan Gosling does an incredible job in this movie... but unfortunately, I never really care that much. I can see this movie is well-crafted - well-acted, well-directed, well-written - and, yet, in the end, it just leaves me cold. I understand this movie is *meant* to be cold. In a way it reflects the coldness and unemotionalness of the political transactions that are really nothing more than business deals. But for me it's too cold, too often, and I never get invested in the characters and can only objectively admire the flick, rather than ever being a part of it. 2 stars.

Best Part: Ryan Gosling's performance was certainly worth watching. He was the only one who made me kind of interested in his story.
Worst Part: How little it made me actually feel.
Flickchart: #1154, below American Teen and above Taxi.

No comments: