Friday, April 4, 2014

Mr. Nice Guy (1997)


IMDb plot summary: A Chinese chef accidentally gets involved with a news reporter who filmed a drug bust that went awry and is now being chased by gangs who are trying to get the video tape.
Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo. Starring Jackie Chan, Richard Norton, Miki Lee and Karen McLymont.

I'm not a huge fan of martial arts movies most of the time, but there is something about Jackie Chan that always makes him very likable, so I did find myself enjoying this pretty well. The flick moves along very quickly with not a lot of downtime and the fight scenes are fairly fun (I especially enjoyed the scene at the end where he's just calmly rolling over all the cars). It's pretty light on trying to make the plot coherent, but it's not trying to be any more than a fun action movie, so that's all right. Overall, not the type of movie I'd seek out on my own, but it ended up being kinda fun, and that IS what this movie challenge is all about.

3 stars.

Flickchart: #1265 out of 2090, below Crash and above The Hidden Fortress.

No comments: