Monday, April 14, 2014

Flight of the Navigator (1986)


IMDb plot summary: In 1978, a boy is moved 8 years into the future and has an adventure with the alien ship that is responsible for that.
Directed by Randal Kleiser. Starring Joey Cramer, Paul Reubens, Veronica Cartwright, and Cliff De Young.

I never saw this as a kid and figured I wouldn't be a big fan of it seeing it as an adult, but this is one of those rare kids' movies that actually holds up pretty well years later. The acting from the main kid is decent, it's an engaging and imaginative story, the characters are pretty well written, and there's just enough humor to keep it lighthearted and fun. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to rewatch it, but it was definitely a fun family adventure.

3.5 stars.

Flickchart: #686 out of 2103, below Flushed Away and above Secret Window.

No comments: