Sunday, April 6, 2014

Knights of Badassdom (2013)


IMDb plot summary: Live-action role players conjure up a demon from Hell by mistake and they must deal with the consequences.
Directed by Joe Lynch. Starring Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn, Summer Glau, Jimmi Simpson, and Peter Dinklage.

Holy crap, this was SO MUCH FUN. So nerdy and fun. In tone, it reminded me of Scott Pilgrim... or what I wanted John Dies At the End to be. It's got a great cast of awesome people, a truly funny script, and one of the most fantastically ridiculous climactic battle scenes I've ever seen.

I do suspect this won't appeal to everyone. It's definitely got a pretty nerdy appeal. But I loved just about every moment of it. I'm so glad this finally got completed. Right now I don't even know what to say about it. It's one of those movies that just tickled me so much that all I can say is, "This was SO MUCH FUN." I can definitely see this becoming one of my favorites after a rewatch.

4.5 stars.

Flickchart: #328 out of 2094, below The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and above Paths of Glory. That's probably a bit low, because Liberty Valance is a little low.

1 comment:

Brittani Burnham said...

I've had this saved in my Netflix queue for like 2 years, and I noticed today it finally came available. I'm looking forward to it.