Thursday, April 24, 2014

Double Jeopardy (1999)


IMDb plot summary: A woman framed for her husband's murder suspects he is still alive; as she has already been tried for the crime, she can't be re-prosecuted if she finds and kills him.
Directed by Bruce Beresford. Starring Ashley Judd, Tommy Lee Jones, and Bruce Greenwood.

This is a fairly entertaining thriller. It kept me interested throughout the movie, although I don't think it will stick with me. The pacing did a good job of keeping the story moving along, and the final scene was satisfying. I really don't have much else to say about this -- it did what it was supposed to do well but not phenomenally, so I enjoyed it even though I suspect I'll have forgotten it in a few months. Possibly even in a few weeks.

2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1380 out of 2114, below The Happiest Millionaire and above *batteries not included.

No comments: