Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Keith (2008)


IMDb plot summary: 17-year-old Natalie thinks she's got it all figured out until she falls for a guy who has nothing to lose.
Directed by Todd Kessler. Starring Elisabeth Harnois, Jesse McCartney, Margo Harshman, and Ignacio Serricchio.

This movie didn't really work for me at all. Partly it was because the progression of the relationship felt abrupt and forced, but mostly it was because I found the character of Keith completely obnoxious. Usually I'm totally drawn to wise-cracking "beta" males in movies, but here I found him smug, condescending, and kind of a bully. (I *really* don't like when guys in movies go after girls this aggressively. There's a fine line between persistence and stalking, and most romance movies draw it in the wrong place.) With an unlikable male lead and romantic developments I didn't believe in, there wasn't much left in this movie for me to really enjoy.

1 star.

Flickchart: #1707 out of 2111, below The Waiting Game and above Home Alone.

No comments: