Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Score (2001)


A mediocre heist movie that I enjoyed more than I would have if I wasn't mostly in love with Edward Norton. The movie's major twists that it sets up are easy to see coming a mile away, and there's nothing unique about the heist itself or the story behind it. That being said, like all heist movies, it's kind of fun to watch it all come together in the end, and even if it's not anything new or original, there's something entertaining about the old familiar formula. Probably the same reason people like rom coms. 2.5 stars.

Best Part: As I said, I'm mostly in love with Edward Norton. I particularly love his switching of characters in this. He jumps back and forth several times between 3 different personas, and they're all fun.
Worst Part: The final moments of the movie are *so* overblown as a dramatic twist. I laughed out loud.

Flickchart: #926, below The Man in the Iron Mask and above Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

No comments: