Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Faces (1968)

Longest two hours of my LIFE. This movie is 70% awkward close-ups of people giggling, 20% awkward close-ups of previously giggling people suddenly yelling, and 10% I don't even KNOW what's going on because everything is out of focus or someone's arm/head/furniture is in the way. The final 15 minutes were almost an interesting story, but SO not worth the first painful hour and 50 minutes. Well, at least watching this broke up the streak of 3 1/2 star movies I was on. 1 star.

Best Part: Like I said, the last 15 minutes were kind of an interesting story. Chop everything else and make that a short film and I would almost enjoy it.
Worst Part: I just... couldn't follow the progression of the story. Either visually (I HATED that there were so many out-of-focus or obscured shots - it must have been a stylistic choice, but it was obnoxious) or emotionally.
Flickchart: #1634, below The Ultimate Gift and above Bean.

No comments: