Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nowhere Boy (2009)

Biopics are pretty hit or miss for me, but I really enjoyed this one. The characters were interesting to watch and, even though I'm only a casual Beatles fan, I loved seeing the story of Lennon's first foray into rock and roll. There aren't really any moments that jump out as being truly outstanding, but it's very solid. I feel like I could watch it again and have exactly the same reaction to it, no matter what. 4 stars.

Best Part: The acting was very natural. It was so easy for me to forget I was watching a movie at all and feel like I was just watching people live their lives.
Worst Part: The scene where Julia and Mimi and John all have their big confrontation was the one scene that didn't work for me - it had some awkward dialogue in it that kept pulling me out of the story.
Flickchart: #679, below Forgiving Dr. Mengele and above No Highway in the Sky.

No comments: