Saturday, January 4, 2014

Video Game High School (2012)


(No IMDb plot summary available.)
Directed by Matthew Arnold, Brandon Laatsch, and Freddie Wong. Starring Josh Blaylock, Johanna Braddy, Jimmy Wong and Ellary Porterfield.

It wasn't until halfway through this movie on Netflix that I did a little research and discovered it was a movie-length edit of a web series, and that made SO MUCH SENSE. That is exactly how it felt. But I didn't even mind the choppy, amateur feel of it because the script itself is so much fun. It's goofy and ridiculous and over-the-top and I found myself smiling throughout and really falling in love with the characters. This is a pretty specific style of humor that is certainly not going to appeal to everyone, but I found it charming and entertaining, and that's really all I could ask for in my comedies. 4 stars.

Flickchart: This movie is not on Flickchart yet. I've added it to the database, but until it's been approved by the moderators, no Flickchart rating.

No comments: