Friday, January 24, 2014

Show Me Love (1998)


IMDb plot summary: Two teenage girls in small-town Sweden. Elin is beautiful, popular, and bored with life. Agnes is friendless, sad, and secretly in love with Elin.
Directed by Lukas Moodysson. Starring Alexandra Dahlström and Rebecka Liljeberg.

These are great characters. Elin and Agnes are both instantly likable while still being realistic as young teenagers. The story is sweet, though a little slow for me at times, but what really keeps it going is the characterization and the acting (which is just perfect). The best scenes were when the two girls interacted with each other. I'm not sure I'm going to remember much about this movie a month from now - it's one of those movies where there wasn't anything wrong with it, it just didn't jump out at me the way I'd hope - but I did enjoy watching it. Solid, if not stellar. 3 stars.

Flickchart: #911 out of 2000, below The Day After Tomorrow and above Stepmom.

Stream it free with Amazon Prime or rent it for $2.99.

No comments: