Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mud (2012)


IMDb plot summary: Two young boys encounter a fugitive and form a pact to help him evade the vigilantes that are on his trail and to reunite him with his true love.
Directed by Jeff Nichols. Starring Matthew McConnaughey, Tye Sheridan, Jacob Lofland, and Reese Witherspoon.

This is one of those movies that I'm not even sure how to review, because I have absolutely nothing to say about it. It's fine. The story's OK. The acting's pretty good. It's not even that I can say it didn't connect to me, because I was at least moderately engaged in the story. But a day after watching it, I can't summon up words to describe it other than "fine." I'm pretty sure this movie is just doomed to stagnate in the lower middle of my Flickchart and disappear from my mind along with other movies that I found fine but completely forgettable. 2 stars.

Flickchart: #1305 out of 2008, below On the Town and above Send Me No Flowers.

Buy a digital copy for $12.99.

No comments: