Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lawless (2012)


IMDb plot summary: Set in Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia, a bootlegging gang is threatened by a new deputy and other authorities who want a cut of their profits.
Directed by John Hillcoat. Starring Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Jason Clarke, and Guy Pearce.

This held my attention more than I thought it would, given that it's a time period I'm really not interested in. Oddly enough, Shia LeBeouf was the one who held my attention the most here. His character, constantly trying to prove himself and constantly failing, was fascinating to me, and I kept watching and rooting for him. The story plays out up to a very satisfying conclusion, but I feel like this is one of those movies that is going to fade almost completely from my memory within a week or so, but watching it was a decent experience. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1137 out of 1999, below Dogtooth and above Trading Places.

Buy a digital copy for 2.99.

No comments: