Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dredd (2012)


IMDb plot summary: In a violent, futuristic city where the police have the authority to act as judge, jury and executioner, a cop teams with a trainee to take down a gang that deals the reality-altering drug, SLO-MO.
Directed by Pete Travis. Starring Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, and Lena Headey.

I don't like action movies much, but I do LOVE dystopian science fiction stories. I love them so much. There's just something really appealing to me about movies with that kind of setting. It makes the action vastly more entertaining to me. As such, I really enjoyed this movie. It occasionally got a little ridiculously Tarantinoesque in terms of the over-the-top violence, but it was still a lot of fun. Not worth a rewatch probably, but watching it was a fun way to spend an afternoon. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1013 out of 2002, below The Thin Man and above Fish Tank.

Stream free on Prime or rent from Amazon for $3.99.

No comments: