Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crank (2006)


IMDb plot summary: Professional assassin Chev Chelios learns his rival has injected him with a poison that will kill him if his heart rate drops.
Directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Starring Jason Statham, Amy Smart, and Jose Pablo Cantillo.

Action movies and I have never exactly been on the same page. I don't get the adrenaline rush I'm clearly *supposed* to get from car chases and gun fights. I just find myself kind of zoning out. That happened a lot during this movie. That being said, I enjoy the premise, and I was a bit worried it was going to be nothing but one long action sequence, but the movie does a pretty good job of switching it up from time to time, giving me a way to refocus. I also enjoyed the wide variety of things he had to do to keep his heart rate up.

Overall, it was OK. Nothing I'll ever rewatch, I'm sure, but I enjoyed it more than I expected the first time around. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1230 out of 1997, below Cracks and above Play It Again, Sam.

Rent it on Amazon for $2.99.

No comments: