Monday, February 18, 2013

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943)

This is one of those movies where I just don't know how to rate it or what to do with it, really. There's nothing very wrong with it, but I wasn't interested or invested in it at any point along the way. I find epic biopics (even if they are of pretend people) to be meandering and uninteresting, and warcentric biopics even more so. I did enjoy the subplot where he befriended the German soldier, but overall I found myself admiring it but patiently waiting for the end. Disappointing, given that I really enjoyed the other two movies I've seen by these directors (both as part of this romance movie challenge). 2 stars.

Flickchart: #1041 out of 1860 movies, below Davy Crockett and the River Pirates and above The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

No comments: