Wednesday, February 13, 2013

From Russia With Love (1964)

I'm pretty indifferent to Bond films, but I did find myself enjoying this one more than I enjoyed any of the three I'd seen previously. It was light and fluffy and easy to watch. Am I going to remember it next year? No. Am I going to continue to mix up this title with the titles of Bond films I have not seen and wonder if I have seen this one? I sure am. For the moment, though, it gets an exact-middle rating because it was fun. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #975 out of 1852, below Air Force One and above A Time to Kill.

2 comments:

Travis S. McClain said...

You break my heart sometimes, Hannah. You can skip the rest of the 007 series, 'cause if From Russia with Love underwhelmed you there's little chance any of the rest will do much for you. It's my personal favorite of the series, and I also think it's still the best. (It's also #6 on my Flickchart.)

You *might* consider giving a viewing to On Her Majesty's Secret Service, though. If there's one Bond movie that I think you may kinda like, that'd be it.

Hannah K said...

Heh. If it's any consolation, my 18-year-old sister has just started watching Bond and has discovered she loved them. I enjoy them, but gadgets and action sequences just aren't my thing, even when they're entertaining. However, the Bonds I've seen have been very scatteredly - four movies with three different Bonds. I feel like if I watched them in order, or at least grouped them together by actor, I might be able to develop more of a fondness for the character and be drawn into the series on a different level.