Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chungking Express (1994)

While it's certainly my favorite of the three Wong Kar-Wai films I've seen, I still found its plot confusing and had difficulty following what was going on. Switching the narrator halfway through with a narrator with the EXACT SAME BACK STORY left me extremely confused, and I spent most of the second half trying to figure out if this was supposed to be the same guy as the first half, even though they didn't look the same at all.

That annoyance aside, however, there are some very interesting moments in the film and some very relatable characters (I absolutely love the guy in the first half). I didn't dislike the movie as much as I was just confused by it. I'll have to rewatch it someday now that I know how it's set up. 3 stars.

Flickchart: #1161 out of 1856, below Pretty in Pink and above Waltz with Bashir.

No comments: