Sunday, July 6, 2014

V/H/S (2012)


IMDb plot summary: When a group of misfits is hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house and acquire a rare VHS tape, they discover more found footage than they bargained for.

Meh. This is a pretty mediocre collection of shorts, and the found footage format makes most of it unintentionally confusing. I had to actually go and look up the plot on Wikipedia after I finished because I was so confused about what was happening. The individual stories are pretty generic and uninteresting (though I did enjoy parts of the video chat-based one, even though the ending was completely ridiculous), and together they seem thematically redundant and awkward. I was not impressed with this one.

1 star.

Flickchart: #1708 out of 2165, below Stardust Memories and above Miracle on 34th Street (1994).

No comments: