Monday, July 7, 2014

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989)


IMDb plot summary: A young boy whose dreams transcend reality is sucked into his own fantasy, which is everything he has dreamed of until he unleashes a century old secret that may not only destroy this perfect dream world but reality itself.
Directed by Masami Hata and William T. Hurtz. Starring Gabriel Damon, Mickey Rooney, Rene Auberjonois, and Laura Mooney (in the English version).

Well, this is... simultaneously cute and terrifying. It's definitely not something I had much connection with. The story is simple and straightforward, with nothing really making it stand out. I'm not sure who I would recommend this to. It's too dark for me to feel comfortable letting young kids watching it, but older kids and adults will probably be unimpressed with the story. So I didn't really care for this one.

1.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1503 out of 2168, below Winter's Bone and above In Cold Blood.

No comments: