Monday, July 28, 2014

Snatch. (2000)


IMDb plot summary: Unscrupulous boxing promoters, violent bookmakers, a Russian gangster, incompetent amateur robbers, and supposedly Jewish jewelers fight to track down a priceless stolen diamond.
Directed by Guy Ritchie. Starring Jason Statham, Brad Pitt, Dennis Farina, Alan Ford, and Robbie Gee.

I don't quite know what to do with this movie. It's one of those flicks where I can definitely see why people like it. It's smart, it's fun, it's got an interesting plot to follow along with (even if I kept forgetting who characters were if I didn't recognize the actor)... but it just didn't connect with me at all. I'm not sure I can pinpoint anything in particular that didn't work for me, I just... didn't get into it.

I always feel a little frustrated with myself when I have to write about movies like this, because I don't really have useful or helpful observations to offer about it. But then again, that's why I'm not a professional movie critic.

2 stars.

Flickchart: #1520 out of 2186, below Madagascar 3 and above In Cold Blood.

No comments: