Thursday, March 14, 2013

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)


IMDb plot summary: As an asteroid nears Earth, a man finds himself alone after his wife leaves in a panic. He decides to take a road trip to reunite with his high school sweetheart. Accompanying him is a neighbor who inadvertently puts a wrench in his plan.
Directed by Lorene Scafaria. Starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley.

Oh, man, I am so torn on this movie. I was always THIS close to loving it, but I just can't get past Keira Knightley. The girl rubs me the wrong way in just about everything she's in. Put any other actress in this movie and I would have completely loved it, but every scene she was in just made me annoyed with her... except for that very final scene, where my adoring love for Steve Carell's character and horrific end-of-the-world moments finally won out. 4.5 stars for everything but Keira Knightley, but since she's in the movie a whole lot, it brings it down like a star and a half. Sigh. So close. 3 stars.

Flickchart: #683 out of 1882, below Nine Lives and above Nanny McPhee.

No comments: