Friday, March 1, 2013

Key Largo (1948)


IMDb plot summary: A man visits his old friend's hotel and finds a gangster running things. As a hurricane approaches, the two end up confronting each other.
Directed by John Huston. Starring Humphrey Bogart, Edward G. Robinson, and Lauren Bacall.

As a theater nerd, I'm a sucker for stories set mostly in one location. Even though this movie branched out at the end, it still retained the feel of a good one-room drama: interesting characters and interesting dialogue driving the story. Humphrey Bogart's journey to being the hero of the film was a particularly interesting one to watch. I didn't find the ending as satisfying as I had hoped, but it was overall still a good movie and I'm glad I finally saw it. 3.5 stars.

Flickchart: #527 out of 1874, below Hannah and Her Sisters and above Drive.

No comments: