Saturday, March 16, 2013

Flight (2012)


IMDb plot summary: An airline pilot saves almost all his passengers on his malfunctioning airliner which eventually crashed, but an investigation into the accident reveals something troubling.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis. Starring Denzel Washington, Kelly Reilly, and Don Cheadle.

When this movie first came out, I didn't pay much attention to it, as it looked like another generic action flick by Denzel. Boy, was I wrong. I'm so glad I picked this up. It's an incredible drama with some of the best acting Denzel's done in a long time (he certainly deserved his Oscar nomination). After the climactic moment, the ending is a little too cheesy and obvious for me, but everything right up until that moment is really, really excellent. Extremely compelling. 4 stars.

Flickchart: #428 out of 1884, below Big and above Date Night.

No comments: