Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Dogma (1999)


IMDb plot summary: An abortion clinic worker with a special heritage is called upon to save the existence of humanity from being negated by two renegade angels trying to exploit a loop-hole and reenter Heaven.
Directed by Kevin Smith. Starring Linda Fiorentino, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Chris Rock.

So I didn't expect to like this at all, but... it's kind of a fascinating film. There's a lot of comedy in there and a lot of silly moments and as a Christian I think most of this theology isn't at all correct, but I found it very moving in an odd sort of way. It was a very pleasant surprise.

3.5 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Dogma > Lord of War
Dogma < Baby Driver
Dogma > Silent Movie
Dogma > Demetri Martin. Person.
Dogma > High and Low
Dogma > A Christmas Carol (1951)
Dogma > Kolya
Dogma > Split
Dogma > My Life as a Dog
Dogma > Reservoir Dogs
Dogma > Sweet Smell of Success

Final spot: #698 out of 2788.

No comments: