Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Art of War (2000)


IMDb plot summary: Shaw is an operative for the United Nations' covert dirty-tricks squad. When a shipping container full of dead Vietnamese refugees turns up on the docks, Shaw is framed for the murder and must evade the FBI and Triad gangsters to find out what is really going on.
Directed by Christian Duguay. Starring Wesley Snipes, Marie Matiko, Anne Archer and Maury Chaykin.

Hrm. This one is hard to write about because I was so disinterested in it. It's a pretty straightforward political spy thriller, which is a tough sell to begin with, but then I was really thrown off by some awkward acting from actors I usually like OK (I'm pretty sure the Maury Chaykin was doing a Christopher Walken impression...). Just ten minutes after the movie ended, I'm struggling to remember it. Definitely not my style of movie, and it didn't do enough unique things to make me interested in it otherwise.

1 star.

Flickchart: #1799 out of 2139, below Out of the Past and above Band of Outsiders.

No comments: