Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Knight and Day (2010)


IMDb plot summary: A story of a girl who gets mixed up with a spy trying to clear his name.
Directed by James Mangold. Starring Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, and Peter Sarsgaard.

I'll be honest, I thought I'd be much more bored by this than I was. It carries itself primarily on the charm of Tom Cruise and the relatability of Cameron Diaz, but it also benefits from a consistently light-hearted mood, a plot that's not unnecessarily complicated for the movie's fluffiness, and a surprising amount of really talented actors in supporting roles. It does go back and forth a little abruptly with the romance part of the story, but not distractingly so. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Not great, but it's an entertaining popcorn flick.

3 stars.

Flickchart: #846 out of 2131, below August: Osage County and above Camp Rock 2.

No comments: