Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Lego Movie (2014)


IMDb plot summary: An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together.
Directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Starring Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell.

Who would have thought a movie based entirely on a line of toys would be this fun and creative and entertaining? As I heard about this movie in production and the impressive cast and crew it was accumulating, I was intrigued, and after the movie was released to rave reviews, I got super excited to watch it. I was not disappointed. Despite being essentially one giant product placement for LEGO, it's REALLY awesome. The characters are entertaining, the jokes are perfect, and I found the reveal surprisingly moving. Will Arnett's Batman was definitely the best part for me, but really, every character worked. An excellent movie for both kids and adults. 4.5 stars.

Flickchart: #277 out of 2028, below The Apartment and above Field of Dreams.

No comments: