Friday, February 7, 2014

End of Watch (2012)


IMDb plot summary: Shot documentary-style, this film follows the daily grind of two young police officers in LA who are partners and friends, and what happens when they meet criminal forces greater than themselves.
Directed by David Ayer. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña.

Like so many crime dramas, this movie finishes and I think, "So?" I didn't see the characters grow and change in any interesting way, and I wasn't ALL that enthused about the characters to begin with. On top of that, the movie starts off in found footage style but then awkwardly jumps in and out of that format, prompting me several times to say, "Wait, who has THAT camera?" I liked the first 5 minutes of the movie -- I felt like it was building toward something -- but then it just kind of wandered around and didn't have any kind of satisfying ending. 1.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1715 out of 2018, below Monster House and above Made of Honor.

Rent on Amazon for $2.99.

No comments: