Saturday, April 27, 2013

Videodrome (1983)


IMDb plot summary: A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station.
Directed by David Cronenberg. Starring James Woods, Deborah Harry, and Sonja Smits.

As fascinating as this concept is, and as much fun as I had watching everything unfold, it never really came together for me, especially in the end. I found the last 10 minutes or so very anticlimactic. I have a feeling when I think back on this movie, it's going to be the first half of the movie that I remember, rather than the second. I loved all the messing around with reality, though, and thought all that was visually fascinating, if frequently rather "icky."

Flickchart: #878 out of 1913, below The Hunger Games and above 13 Going On 30.

No comments: