Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Life of Pi (2012)


IMDb plot summary: A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor: a fearsome Bengal tiger.
Directed by Ang Lee. Stars Suraj Sharma and Irrfan Khan.

I reacted to this movie about how I thought I would. It looks gorgeous, and those effects are truly incredible. However, I remain uninterested in stories about people off by themselves, or, less interesting still, interacting with animals. The bulk of the film was just that, and although I was intrigued by the rather ambiguous ending, it wasn't enough to hold my attention throughout. This movie may be good, but it's just not at all my cup of tea. 2.5 stars.

Flickchart: #928 out of 1900, between Larry-Boy and the Fib From Outer Space! and the Adjustment Bureau.

No comments: