Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hitchcock (2012)


IMDb plot summary: A love story between influential filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock and wife Alma Reville during the filming of Psycho in 1959.
Directed by Sacha Gervasi. Starring Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, and Scarlett Johansson.

I'm fascinated by the true-life (or at least semi-true-life) stories behind some of the greatest film geniuses. This movie isn't going to stick with me for long, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching it. It's fun and stylish and Anthony Hopkins is pretty good as Hitchcock. It wraps up its primary climactic moment a little too neatly for me, but I had so much fun watching it play out that I didn't mind too much. 3.5 stars.

Flickchart: #717 out of 1901, below Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and above Must Love Dogs.

No comments: