Wednesday, June 3, 2020

In the Year of the Pig (1968)


IMDb plot summary: A documentary chronicling the background to, and history of, the Vietnam War.
Directed by Emile de Antonio.

While this is fascinating as a documentary in that it is *so* close in time to the Vietnam War, it's also a war documentary, which is just not my genre at all. I'm a little embarrassed to admit just how little I know about our time in Vietnam, and watching this documentary happening right in the thick of it speaks to an audience with a greater shared understanding of the conflict as current events than I have as someone born 20 years after it ended. It could very well be one for me to come back to sometime with a stronger grasp on the details of the conflict, but for now I'm interested in it more as a piece of history documentation than as an engaging watch.

How it entered my Flickchart:
In the Year of the Pig < Cake
In the Year of the Pig > Shrek 2
In the Year of the Pig < The 400 Blows
In the Year of the Pig > Where to Invade Next
In the Year of the Pig > When Strangers Click
In the Year of the Pig > The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947)
In the Year of the Pig < Pat and Mike
In the Year of the Pig > Sliding Doors
In the Year of the Pig > Despicable Me
In the Year of the Pig > Vantage Point
In the Year of the Pig > Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
Final spot: #1992 out of 3145.

No comments: