Monday, August 11, 2014

Tombstone (1993)


IMDb plot summary: A successful lawman's plans to retire anonymously in Tombstone, Arizona, are disrupted by the kind of outlaws he was famous for eliminating.
Directed by George P. Cosmatos. Starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott, and Bill Paxton.

Given my general dislike of westerns, there are quite a few famous ones I have yet to cross off my list. This was one of them. And this one didn't really win me over. I thought the acting was good (particularly Russell and Kilmer, though a lot of the supporting players were good too) and there were a few scenes that I liked a lot, but overall, it's the same plot I see in most westerns and it just doesn't stand out. I didn't actively dislike it -- it managed to keep my attention through most of the movie -- but I really doubt I'm going to remember anything about it in a few weeks.

2 stars.

Flickchart: #1541 out of 2198, below Courage Under Fire and above The Howling. This is slightly too low (I'd place it more in the 1300s) so eventually I will have to go back and fix the other movies that are too low.

No comments: