Sunday, June 22, 2014

Quigley Down Under (1990)


IMDb plot summary: Sharpshooter Matt Quigley is hired from Montana by an Australian rancher paying a very high price. But when Quigley arrives Down Under, all is not as it seems.
Directed by Simon Wincer. Starring Tom Selleck, Laura San Giacomo, and Alan Rickman.

Every time someone assigns me a western in this movie challenge, I try and try and try to go into it with an open mind. But this one didn't make the cut for me. Alan Rickman is a rather interesting villain, but I just don't like the heroes at all. Quigley's defining characteristic appears to be "not racist," and while Cora's back story is interesting, I find her unfortunately annoying about 90% of the time. My friends had a lot of love for this movie, so I was hoping I'd get into it, but nope, it just didn't work for me.

1.5 stars.

Flickchart: #1490 out of 2155, below Sharknado and above The Hiding Place.

No comments: