Monday, June 2, 2014

My Name Is Bruce (2007)


IMDb plot summary: B Movie Legend Bruce Campbell is mistaken for his character Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy and forced to fight a real monster in a small town in Oregon.
Directed by Bruce Campbell. Starring Bruce Campbell, Grace Thorsen, and Taylor Sharpe.


Well, this was super duper fun. I had no idea what it was about when I sat down to watch it, so it was a fun surprise when I realized where the story was going. It's even more entertaining knowing that Bruce Campbell himself directed this. The runtime is short enough that I didn't have time to get bored with the story's gimmick, and Bruce Campbell clearly has great fun hamming it up as an awful version of himself. I'm not crazy about how rushed the romance was -- even in a movie this ridiculous, it didn't work -- but other than that, this was a really solid, really fun watch.

4 stars.

Flickchart: #498 out of 2143, below Quartet and above Reservoir Dogs.

No comments: