Friday, November 25, 2011

Soultaker (1990)

This movie is silly and cliched and the writer/lead actress can neither write nor act worth anything. However, that being said, there was a moment or two that could have worked if done by someone with talent. I'm kind of a sucker for stories about evil villains falling in love, and so I did kind of enjoy the plot point about the soultaker's sudden interest in the heroine, but every time I felt like it was maybe heading toward something potentially entertaining, it then hit a clunker of a line or an awkward acting moment and reminded me that, nope, this movie is sucky. 1 star.

Best Part: Like I said, as cliched as it is, I kind of enjoyed the evil-bad-guy-has-feelings-for-heroine subplot. Added a slight twist to the story. (Watching an MST3K version of the movie didn't hurt matters either, but I wanted to make sure and address the actual movie itself.)
Worst Part: Basically anything with that main girl in it.
FlickChart: #1432, below Stepsister From Planet Weird but above Flywheel. Pretty sure Flywheel is too high up on this list.

No comments: