Friday, November 18, 2011

Maurice (1987)

I've never read the novel but I can't say this movie inspired me to do so. It's long and meandering, I never got a very strong sense of any of the characters, and the ending just didn't work for me at all. There were one or two very moving moments (the last shot of Clive looking out the window especially struck me) but overall, nothing really connected with me. I just find myself struggling to remember it. 2 stars.

Best Part: Hey, that's li'l Rupert Graves (a.k.a. Lestrade from the new BBC Sherlock series) as Alec Scudder! I love when I see people from my favorite shows elsewhere.
Worst Part: Nothing stands out as being particularly bad, it was just uninteresting.
FlickChart: #1021, below Hans Christian Andersen and above Ocean's Twelve.

No comments: