Sunday, November 20, 2011

Small Time Crooks (2000)

This is not one of Woody Allen's shining moments, but it isn't one of his absolute clunkers either. (Although, as a biased superfan, there are only 2, maybe 3 movies I'd put in that category anyway.) I enjoyed the movie as I was watching it, but now as I think back on it, I have great difficulty actually remembering it. It's very pleasant, never stellar. Glad I saw it but wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they're already a fan of his. 2.5 stars.

Best Part: I laughed out loud at, "My husband, Otto, was dyslexic, and the only thing he could spell was his own name."
Worst Part: It was a little disconcerting to me when the part about them being criminals was abandoned 30 minutes in and not picked up again until the very end. Pretty meander-y there.
FlickChart: #677, below Over the Hedge and above The Witches of Eastwick.

No comments: