Thursday, May 7, 2020

Fando and Lis (1968)


IMDb plot summary: Fando and his partially paralyzed lover Lis search for the mythical city of Tar. Based on Jodorowsky's memories of a play by surrealist Fernando Arrabal.
Directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky. Starring Sergio Kleiner, Diana Mariscal, MarĂ­a Teresa Rivas, and Tamara Garina.

Well, I hated every single second of this. Not only was it the kind of nonsense nightmare surreal symbolism I hate so much, it also is very viscerally unpleasant and just *gross*. No horror movie has given me the thought, "I may never be able to eat anything again," but this did. It was one of the most disgusting and upsetting movies I've ever seen, but not in a way that was productive at all, just... in a horrific unpleasant way that I can't wait to forget.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Fando and Lis < Enemy of the State
Fando and Lis < Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Fando and Lis < The Music Man (2003)
Fando and Lis < Head
Fando and Lis < Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion
Fando and Lis < The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
Fando and Lis < Doogal
Fando and Lis < Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
Fando and Lis < Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
Fando and Lis < American Pie
Fando and Lis < Mallrats
Final spot: #3128 out of 3128.

No comments: