Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Cameraman (1925)


IMDb plot summary: Hopelessly in love with a woman working at MGM Studios, a clumsy man attempts to become a motion picture cameraman to be close to the object of his desire.
Directed by Edward Sedgwick. Starring Buster Keaton, Marceline Day, Harold Goodwin, and Sidney Bracey.

I always forget how much I enjoy Buster Keaton, especially in comparison to other silent era comedians. His sense of comic timing and build aligns with mine so well. There were quite a few moments in this where I found myself laughing out loud. I'm not going to say much more about it -- it's fun and funny and worth a watch.

How it entered my Flickchart:
The Cameraman > Adam
The Cameraman > Do the Right Thing
The Cameraman < E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
The Cameraman < Take This Waltz
The Cameraman > My Name Is Joe
The Cameraman < The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Cameraman > Le trou
The Cameraman > Fever Pitch (1997)
The Cameraman > Philadelphia
The Cameraman > Face/Off
The Cameraman > Amelie
Final spot: #601 out of 2955.

No comments: