Saturday, February 9, 2019

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)


IMDb plot summary: A man studies kung fu at the Shaolin Temple to fight back against the oppressive Manchu government.
Directed by Chia-Liang Liu. Starring Chia-Hui Liu, Lieh Lo, Chia Yung Liu, and Norman Chu.

I keep remembering scenes from this film to refer to and then realizing I'm thinking of a scene from Drunken Master, which I watched a couple weeks ago. I really have nothing extra to add to this -- it was fine, I liked the creative training scenes more than the fighting, I'm going to forget it immediately.

How it entered my Flickchart:
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin < Drunken Master (...Sometimes Flickchart chooses interesting matchups. We'll let Drunken Master take it for the humor.)
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin < Cars
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > Did You Hear About the Morgans?
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > The Enemy Below
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > A Mighty Wind
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > Hangman's Curse
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin < The 39 Steps
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin < Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin < Red Cliff
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin > Enter the Void

Final spot: #2217 out of 2914.

No comments: