Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Simple Plan (1998)


IMDb plot summary: When three blue collar acquaintances come across millions of dollars in lost cash they make a plan to keep their find from the authorities but find complications and mistrust weaving its way into their plan.
Directed by Sam Raimi. Starring Bill Paxton, Bridget Fonda, Billy Bob Thornton, and Brent Briscoe.

I did not expect at all to like this as much as I did. I definitely didn't expect Billy Bob Thornton to be my favorite part of it, as I seldom like him much. But wow. This movie builds the tension really nicely, and its characters are fascinating to me, and I found it very moving by the end. It was what I always want Coen brothers crime movies to be.

How it entered my Flickchart:
A Simple Plan > Three Amigos
A Simple Plan > The Producers (2005)
A Simple Plan > Boyhood
A Simple Plan < In the Bedroom
A Simple Plan < Hacksaw Ridge
A Simple Plan > Sabrina (1954)
A Simple Plan < I.Q.
A Simple Plan > Dave and the Giant Pickle
A Simple Plan < The Iron Giant
A Simple Plan < Beginners
A Simple Plan > Trust

Final spot: #303 out of 2904.

No comments: