Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Waxwork (1988)


IMDb plot summary: A wax museum owner uses his horror exhibits to unleash evil on the world.
Directed by Anthony Hickox. Starring Zach Galligan, David Warner, Deborah Foreman, and Michelle Johnson.

This movie is completely ridiculous in a way that works about 70% of the time. It establishes the campy tone *very* early and stays very consistent to it. That tone just ebbs and flows in how interested I am in it, and the final battle goes on a tad bit too long, but overall it was a lot of fun. While I enjoyed this, I'm having a tough time thinking of what else I can say about it, so I'll just rank it and let the ranking speak for itself.

3 stars.

How it entered my Flickchart:
Waxwork > Blue's Big Musical Movie
Waxwork < Reservoir Dogs
Waxwork < The Man Who Wasn't There
Waxwork > The Blind Side
Waxwork > Men in Black
Waxwork > Logan's Run
Waxwork < Saving Private Ryan
Waxwork > Smiles of a Summer Night
Waxwork < Star Trek: Generations
Waxwork < Batman Returns
Waxwork > Don Jon

Final spot: #1044 out of 2707.

No comments: